Saturday, June 4, 2011

I was charged with a possession charge,but i beat the charge

Question: I was charged with a possession charge,but i beat the charge.at the time of the arrest i had some money on me and the police took it.i beat the charge and i was wondering how can i receive the money back they took from me.

Answer: If the police took the money in forfeiture, you must fight the case in civil court. If the amount is less than $ 500, law enforcement might just give it back. If the amount is more than $ 1000, you will probably have to get an attorney.

Answered By Lawrence Lewis - Criminal Defense Attorney

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I hung a shingle in February 2000, because I saw that individuals charged with criminal offenses were being underserved by the attorneys practicing criminal law. Since February 2000, I have represented more than two thousand criminal clients. I only practice criminal law, but I do everything from violations of probation to Supreme Court appeals. There are few attorneys under the age of sixty that have my level of experience. I have tried more than two hundred major felony jury trials. I have tried more than fifty misdemeanor jury trials. In Philadelphia as a prosecutor, I tried more than two thousand bench trials. I have conducted more than three thousand preliminary hearings and bond hearings. Yet, I still have the energy at forty-five to serve my current clients. There is nothing that will occur in a courtroom that I have not experienced before. When you are looking for an attorney, experience is everything.