Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Can a county State court be sued for listing a criminal record

Question: Can a county State court be sued for listing a criminal record as a felony instead of a misdemeanor for the past 7 years?

Answer: The county state court does not list it as a misdemeanor, the GBI lists the gravity of offenses. Of course, I also love when people that have no money and criminal convictions talk about suing someone. Lawyers like money, so no attorney will take the case for free. All of the county governments are short of money, so they are not going to offer you anything for a settlement. When you try the case to a jury, no jury is giving a criminal (felony or misdemeanor) money, because their feelings were hurt.

Answered By Lawrence Lewis - Felony Defense Attorney in Atlanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I hung a shingle in February 2000, because I saw that individuals charged with criminal offenses were being underserved by the attorneys practicing criminal law. Since February 2000, I have represented more than two thousand criminal clients. I only practice criminal law, but I do everything from violations of probation to Supreme Court appeals. There are few attorneys under the age of sixty that have my level of experience. I have tried more than two hundred major felony jury trials. I have tried more than fifty misdemeanor jury trials. In Philadelphia as a prosecutor, I tried more than two thousand bench trials. I have conducted more than three thousand preliminary hearings and bond hearings. Yet, I still have the energy at forty-five to serve my current clients. There is nothing that will occur in a courtroom that I have not experienced before. When you are looking for an attorney, experience is everything.