Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Can i file an appeal for a withdrawal of guilty plea of dv misdemeanor while on probation

Question: Can i file an appeal for a withdrawal of guilty plea of dv misdemeanor while on probation?

Answer: You entered a plea, you were placed on probation and you began your probation. You then didn`t like probation or thought you really were not guilty and asked the judge to allow you to withdraw your guilty plea. The judge denied the withdrawal of the guilty plea and you want to appeal that. IF those are the facts, then you have 30 days from the signing of the denial of the motion to withdraw the guilty plea to file an appeal. I suspect that you have nto employed an attorney, and you will need to in order to challenge the case properly.

Answered by Lawrence Lewis - Misdemeanor Defense Attorney in Lawrenceville

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I hung a shingle in February 2000, because I saw that individuals charged with criminal offenses were being underserved by the attorneys practicing criminal law. Since February 2000, I have represented more than two thousand criminal clients. I only practice criminal law, but I do everything from violations of probation to Supreme Court appeals. There are few attorneys under the age of sixty that have my level of experience. I have tried more than two hundred major felony jury trials. I have tried more than fifty misdemeanor jury trials. In Philadelphia as a prosecutor, I tried more than two thousand bench trials. I have conducted more than three thousand preliminary hearings and bond hearings. Yet, I still have the energy at forty-five to serve my current clients. There is nothing that will occur in a courtroom that I have not experienced before. When you are looking for an attorney, experience is everything.