Monday, June 20, 2011

Criminal Defense Attorney in Atlanta

QUESTION:       What should I expect in terms of a plea offer (from the prosecutor) or sentence (from the judge)?
ANSWER:         The plea offer and/or sentence is typically a function of a number of different things:
(1)   Age of the accused
(2)   Age of the victim (if there is a victim)
(3)   The criminal record (GCIC) of the accused
(4)   The nature of the offense
(5)   The quality/experience of the defense attorney
(6)   The jurisdiction where the offense occurred (Fulton County is more lenient than Butts County) 
(7)   How quickly the accused takes responsibility, especially if there are co-defendant against which the accused can testify
(8)    The judge hearing the case (some judges hate burglaries, other hate graffiti)

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I hung a shingle in February 2000, because I saw that individuals charged with criminal offenses were being underserved by the attorneys practicing criminal law. Since February 2000, I have represented more than two thousand criminal clients. I only practice criminal law, but I do everything from violations of probation to Supreme Court appeals. There are few attorneys under the age of sixty that have my level of experience. I have tried more than two hundred major felony jury trials. I have tried more than fifty misdemeanor jury trials. In Philadelphia as a prosecutor, I tried more than two thousand bench trials. I have conducted more than three thousand preliminary hearings and bond hearings. Yet, I still have the energy at forty-five to serve my current clients. There is nothing that will occur in a courtroom that I have not experienced before. When you are looking for an attorney, experience is everything.