Thursday, June 16, 2011

Felony violation of probation

QUESTION:    Does a felony violation of probation of first offender show up on a background check after the probation is finished?

ANSWER:      First, 1st offender does not keep you out of jail/prison, or seal or expunge your criminal record. IF you successfully complete 1st offender, your GCIC (criminal record) will reveal your arrest charges, plea charges (if different from the arrest charges) and the disposition of your case (1st offender).  Second, if you violate probation while on 1st offender, and the judge determines (after a hearing) that you have violated your probation, the judge will adjudicate you and on that date you will have a conviction, which will certainly appear on your record.
 Answered By Lawrence Lewis - Felony Defense Attorney in Atlanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I hung a shingle in February 2000, because I saw that individuals charged with criminal offenses were being underserved by the attorneys practicing criminal law. Since February 2000, I have represented more than two thousand criminal clients. I only practice criminal law, but I do everything from violations of probation to Supreme Court appeals. There are few attorneys under the age of sixty that have my level of experience. I have tried more than two hundred major felony jury trials. I have tried more than fifty misdemeanor jury trials. In Philadelphia as a prosecutor, I tried more than two thousand bench trials. I have conducted more than three thousand preliminary hearings and bond hearings. Yet, I still have the energy at forty-five to serve my current clients. There is nothing that will occur in a courtroom that I have not experienced before. When you are looking for an attorney, experience is everything.