Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Criminal Defense Attorneys Cumming

Question: Can I get a first offender I ga expunged early. I lead guilty in oct 2010. I got 5 yrs probation. 5 weekends in jail and restitution. I have finished my weekends and almost got my restitution paid back and my probation officer said he is going to put me unsupervised this month. They said if I paid back and stayed out of trouble I could get off in three but I was wondering if you can get off earlier. I got laid off due to cut back and later closure. I am 37 and have never been in trouble before or since. I have been in rt sales dealing with money since I was 22. I cannot get a job now because of the felony and want to know if I finish paying restitution can I get it taken off now

Answer: Bad news is the first offender plea is NOT coming off your record. You may be able to ask the judge to come off of 1st offender probation early, but the arrest and disposition are on your record for life. 

Answered By Lawrence Lewis - Criminal Defense Attorneys Cumming

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I hung a shingle in February 2000, because I saw that individuals charged with criminal offenses were being underserved by the attorneys practicing criminal law. Since February 2000, I have represented more than two thousand criminal clients. I only practice criminal law, but I do everything from violations of probation to Supreme Court appeals. There are few attorneys under the age of sixty that have my level of experience. I have tried more than two hundred major felony jury trials. I have tried more than fifty misdemeanor jury trials. In Philadelphia as a prosecutor, I tried more than two thousand bench trials. I have conducted more than three thousand preliminary hearings and bond hearings. Yet, I still have the energy at forty-five to serve my current clients. There is nothing that will occur in a courtroom that I have not experienced before. When you are looking for an attorney, experience is everything.