Saturday, March 3, 2012

Aggravated Assault Attorneys Lawrenceville

Question: I along with three other people were the victims of a crime that involved a shooting (aggravated assault), false imprisonment, theft, criminal trespass, and reckless conduct. The suspects were both charged with 8 felony accounts apiece as well as a few misdemeanors. But where this gets "fishy" is that the District Attorney in my county advised an investigator for the DA's office to bring an "Affidavit to decline Prosecution" to each one of us 11 days after the incident and before he or anyone in his office had read the police report. Please advise on any possible ethics violations. I do know the suspects attorney had previous contact with th District Attorney two days prior.

Answer: How do you know that no one in the DA's office had a chance to read teh police report, or more importantly speak to the officer's involved in the incident, rather than read their police reports? How do you know that? Even if that is true, the DA makes the final decision on what he intends to present to the grand jury. There are no ethical violations. If what you are insinuating is the prosecutor has been bribed by the defense attorney to make a case go away, let me help you: The DA does not need an affidavit signed by victims to dump a case, or not present a case to the grand jury. The luxury of going to college, law school and getting elected to be the DA is you have absolute control over making those decisions. Do you want that kind of power? Go to college, go to law school, then get elected to the office of District Attorney. 

Answered By Lawrence Lewis - Aggravated Assault Attorneys Lawrenceville

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I hung a shingle in February 2000, because I saw that individuals charged with criminal offenses were being underserved by the attorneys practicing criminal law. Since February 2000, I have represented more than two thousand criminal clients. I only practice criminal law, but I do everything from violations of probation to Supreme Court appeals. There are few attorneys under the age of sixty that have my level of experience. I have tried more than two hundred major felony jury trials. I have tried more than fifty misdemeanor jury trials. In Philadelphia as a prosecutor, I tried more than two thousand bench trials. I have conducted more than three thousand preliminary hearings and bond hearings. Yet, I still have the energy at forty-five to serve my current clients. There is nothing that will occur in a courtroom that I have not experienced before. When you are looking for an attorney, experience is everything.