Sunday, October 23, 2011

Criminal Defense Attorney in Duluth

Question: My husband has been locked up since july 5 and has not been inditted he has a paid lawyer and his prole officer has put a hold on him everytime i ask the lawyer he say in this kind of case its good to wait but i dont know what we are waiting for

Answer: You are waiting for the attorney to figure out what he is going to do. July 5, 2011 is less than 4 months ago. It is not unusual to wait 12 months for an indictment. And I know that your husband has a bond, because if he did not the prosecutor would have to indict him within 90 days. So, if your husband has a bond and a parole hold, there is nothing for your attorney to do, except:(1) encourage you to make the bond in order to move forward on the parole hold; (2) take your husband to court for bond reduction; or (3) work out plea with prosecutor. There is no way to make the prosecutor indict your husband faster.

Answered by Lawrence Lewis - Criminal Defense Attorney in Duluth

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I hung a shingle in February 2000, because I saw that individuals charged with criminal offenses were being underserved by the attorneys practicing criminal law. Since February 2000, I have represented more than two thousand criminal clients. I only practice criminal law, but I do everything from violations of probation to Supreme Court appeals. There are few attorneys under the age of sixty that have my level of experience. I have tried more than two hundred major felony jury trials. I have tried more than fifty misdemeanor jury trials. In Philadelphia as a prosecutor, I tried more than two thousand bench trials. I have conducted more than three thousand preliminary hearings and bond hearings. Yet, I still have the energy at forty-five to serve my current clients. There is nothing that will occur in a courtroom that I have not experienced before. When you are looking for an attorney, experience is everything.