Friday, July 1, 2011

Three day jury trial on one count of aggravated stalking, two counts of cruelty to children and one count of family violence battery resulted in NOT GUILTY on all charges

CASE: State of Georgia v. Marcus McKenzie Cherry (10B-5431-8) 

RESULT: (June, 2011) Three day jury trial on one count of aggravated stalking, two counts of cruelty to children and one count of family violence battery resulted in NOT GUILTY on all charges. 

FACTS: Client meets an underage girl, who lies about her age and becomes infatuated with him, and his famous friends (recording artist Usher).  She has two children with client before she realizes that she will not be living the lifestyle of the rich and famous.  Being the gold digger that she is, she turns her attention to other potential suitors.  She selects her attorney-boss, and begins a relationship with him.  My client finds about his baby’s mama, whom he is living with, dating her boss, and confronts both of them.  Because the attorney-boss wants my client out of the picture, he has the “victim” take a TPO (temporary protection order) against my client.  Interestingly enough, the day after my client is arrested, the “victim” is seen driving around in her new C300 Mercedes, purchased by…You guessed it, the attorney-boss.  On February 15, 2010, which grandma (client’s mother) and the “victim” are exchanging the children, my client supposedly jumps out and punches victim in the face a number of time, right in front of the children.  The “victim” phones the police, who take photos of her injuries.  Client is arrested six months later.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I hung a shingle in February 2000, because I saw that individuals charged with criminal offenses were being underserved by the attorneys practicing criminal law. Since February 2000, I have represented more than two thousand criminal clients. I only practice criminal law, but I do everything from violations of probation to Supreme Court appeals. There are few attorneys under the age of sixty that have my level of experience. I have tried more than two hundred major felony jury trials. I have tried more than fifty misdemeanor jury trials. In Philadelphia as a prosecutor, I tried more than two thousand bench trials. I have conducted more than three thousand preliminary hearings and bond hearings. Yet, I still have the energy at forty-five to serve my current clients. There is nothing that will occur in a courtroom that I have not experienced before. When you are looking for an attorney, experience is everything.