Monday, July 11, 2011

Battery Defense Attorney in Lawrenceville

Question: As a victim of repeated DV battery/kidnap/theft/stalking over 2 years with 18 incidents and 2 in court now, do I need an attorney? His attorney seems to have convinced my prosecutor of questioning my credibility. Many people have mentioned getting an attorney but I can't find one for "victims". Are there any special circumstances also that would make attorney's fees something covered through restitution etc in criminal cases? Lastly, how long is a court case alloewd to be given continuance, resets, and appearance excused's before the offender actually has to show up once (regardless of the attorney always being there?) And isn't there some statute on how long the rest of the criminal defense tactics can go on while making me wait and being threatened burglarized etc every week?

Answer: You most certainly can hire an attorney to represent you. The attorney's first job is to procure a TPO, to make sure that you are not molested by the defendant. If you are molested while a TPO is in place the defendant will be jailed for aggravated stalking, and not given a bond. I have represented victims in the past. Feel free to contact me. Fees may be covered by restitution, but attorneys require their money up-front.

Answered by Lawrence Lewis - Battery Defense Attorney in Lawrenceville

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I hung a shingle in February 2000, because I saw that individuals charged with criminal offenses were being underserved by the attorneys practicing criminal law. Since February 2000, I have represented more than two thousand criminal clients. I only practice criminal law, but I do everything from violations of probation to Supreme Court appeals. There are few attorneys under the age of sixty that have my level of experience. I have tried more than two hundred major felony jury trials. I have tried more than fifty misdemeanor jury trials. In Philadelphia as a prosecutor, I tried more than two thousand bench trials. I have conducted more than three thousand preliminary hearings and bond hearings. Yet, I still have the energy at forty-five to serve my current clients. There is nothing that will occur in a courtroom that I have not experienced before. When you are looking for an attorney, experience is everything.