Saturday, July 30, 2011

Family Attorney in Lawrenceville

Question: I`ve been charged for child cruelty in georgia state what could happen to me if i dont have an attorney?

Answer: If you decide to resolve the case without an attorney, you WILL be going into custody. IF you do not go into custody the day of the guilty plea (because you agree to probation), you will go to jail on a probation violation. Your money will either come up short, because you didn`t know a $ 1000 turns into $ 1320 with surcharges, or you really didn`t believe that you could not leave a message to change your probation date, and your probation officer never called you back, but just took a warrant. Or you did not realize that you could not leave the state of Georgia without your probation officer`s permission, even for an emergency death in the family. You don`t appreciate what an attorney can do, so you definitely don`t understand problems that an experienced attorney can help you avoid.

Answered By Lawrence Lewis - Family Attorney in Lawrenceville

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I hung a shingle in February 2000, because I saw that individuals charged with criminal offenses were being underserved by the attorneys practicing criminal law. Since February 2000, I have represented more than two thousand criminal clients. I only practice criminal law, but I do everything from violations of probation to Supreme Court appeals. There are few attorneys under the age of sixty that have my level of experience. I have tried more than two hundred major felony jury trials. I have tried more than fifty misdemeanor jury trials. In Philadelphia as a prosecutor, I tried more than two thousand bench trials. I have conducted more than three thousand preliminary hearings and bond hearings. Yet, I still have the energy at forty-five to serve my current clients. There is nothing that will occur in a courtroom that I have not experienced before. When you are looking for an attorney, experience is everything.