Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Theft Defense Attorney in Lawrenceville

Question: I was contacted by a investigator today and he told me some one filled a report saying I stole something from him. The investigator says there is a witness to the crime.
The investigator said he was giving me until Friday to give him the stolen items. He said after Friday he would put out a warrant for my arrest. He also says he can hold me until a trial and I will have to prove my case to a jury.
Is there anything I can do?
Can he arrest me without evidence I did anything. I didn't take anything. The person who is the "witness" has not liked me since I first them. I don't know what I can do at this point, I took nothing, and have nothing to return.
Why is the investigator giving ne two days before he files a warrant?
Thanks so much for the help
Answer: You can hire an attorney. If you bring back the items you provide evidence against yourself. If you make a statement, the statement can be used against you in court. As far as evidence, the investigator has the words of the witness as evidence right now. I suggest that you hire an attorney. If you do nto speak to the investigator he will prepare a warrant, and you will be arrested. After you are in custody, it will be tougher to get an attorney.

Answered by Lawrence Lewis - Theft Defense Attorney in Lawrenceville

1 comment:

  1. I like to impede out your blog a couple times a week in behalf of recent readings. I was wondering if you beget any other topics you indite about?los angeles theft defense attorney

    ReplyDelete

About Me

I hung a shingle in February 2000, because I saw that individuals charged with criminal offenses were being underserved by the attorneys practicing criminal law. Since February 2000, I have represented more than two thousand criminal clients. I only practice criminal law, but I do everything from violations of probation to Supreme Court appeals. There are few attorneys under the age of sixty that have my level of experience. I have tried more than two hundred major felony jury trials. I have tried more than fifty misdemeanor jury trials. In Philadelphia as a prosecutor, I tried more than two thousand bench trials. I have conducted more than three thousand preliminary hearings and bond hearings. Yet, I still have the energy at forty-five to serve my current clients. There is nothing that will occur in a courtroom that I have not experienced before. When you are looking for an attorney, experience is everything.