Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Drug Offenses Attorney Lawrenceville

Question: My friend was charged with possession of marijuana with intent to distribute in March of this year and this was his first offense. He was found guilty and sentenced to 2 years. I have spoken with a lot of people and everyone seems to think he will only serve 6-8 months but the times I have spoken with the parole board, they say to expect for him to serve the whole 2 years. Is there any way I could speed this process up? Or is there any way to know for sure when he will be able to come home? He has said that the county jail has been releasing people early with similar charges, could that be the case for him as well? Please help!

Answer: Speed up what process? Making time go slower or faster? No one knows that trick. There is no way to predict the future and tell you exactly when he is getting out. More importantly, how are you going to be able to predict that once he gets out he will stay out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I hung a shingle in February 2000, because I saw that individuals charged with criminal offenses were being underserved by the attorneys practicing criminal law. Since February 2000, I have represented more than two thousand criminal clients. I only practice criminal law, but I do everything from violations of probation to Supreme Court appeals. There are few attorneys under the age of sixty that have my level of experience. I have tried more than two hundred major felony jury trials. I have tried more than fifty misdemeanor jury trials. In Philadelphia as a prosecutor, I tried more than two thousand bench trials. I have conducted more than three thousand preliminary hearings and bond hearings. Yet, I still have the energy at forty-five to serve my current clients. There is nothing that will occur in a courtroom that I have not experienced before. When you are looking for an attorney, experience is everything.