Friday, April 25, 2014

Criminal Defense Attorney in Lawrenceville

Question:  I did a Pre-Trial Intervention Program in 2001 and then I had my record expunged in FL, which I have documentation of. I was informed by my lawyer in FL that basically means the state dropped the case after completion of the program, which I did. In GA which would be eqivalent to FL Pre-trial Intervention Program? The 1st Offender Treatment without Adjudication of guilt or the Pretrial Deversion? Would I have to answer yes to any of them because my record is expunged?

Answer: The GA equivalent is the pre-trial diversion (PTD) program, where your record is expunged. First offender, does not expunged your criminal record. If the questionis asked have you ever been arrested, you might want to say yes, especially if you have taken 1st offender, nolo or Alford plea. 

Answered By Lawrence Lewis - Criminal Defense Attorney in Lawrenceville

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I hung a shingle in February 2000, because I saw that individuals charged with criminal offenses were being underserved by the attorneys practicing criminal law. Since February 2000, I have represented more than two thousand criminal clients. I only practice criminal law, but I do everything from violations of probation to Supreme Court appeals. There are few attorneys under the age of sixty that have my level of experience. I have tried more than two hundred major felony jury trials. I have tried more than fifty misdemeanor jury trials. In Philadelphia as a prosecutor, I tried more than two thousand bench trials. I have conducted more than three thousand preliminary hearings and bond hearings. Yet, I still have the energy at forty-five to serve my current clients. There is nothing that will occur in a courtroom that I have not experienced before. When you are looking for an attorney, experience is everything.