Thursday, April 17, 2014

Drug Case Attorneys Gwinnett County

Question: I have a second possession of meth charge court date coming up, and i served 9 months in jail before i made bond. will i get credit for time served, and could i get time served for the 9 months if the offer is a 5year do 2 year recomendation, and not have to serve any more time?

Answer: You will get credit for the time that you have served. The judge is free to give you a sentence of 5 to do 2 years with credit for the 9 months, commuted to time-served. You may not have to do anymore time. Are those the real questions? Because you know the judge can give you two years of probation. Conversely, under the law for the 2nd meth possession charge the judge must sentence you to not less than 5 years, and can sentence you up to 30 years. I assume you don't want to talk or think about the 30 years. I advice you to get an attorney rather than hope for the best, but I will be here IF it goes sideways to try and undo the horrible sentence.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I hung a shingle in February 2000, because I saw that individuals charged with criminal offenses were being underserved by the attorneys practicing criminal law. Since February 2000, I have represented more than two thousand criminal clients. I only practice criminal law, but I do everything from violations of probation to Supreme Court appeals. There are few attorneys under the age of sixty that have my level of experience. I have tried more than two hundred major felony jury trials. I have tried more than fifty misdemeanor jury trials. In Philadelphia as a prosecutor, I tried more than two thousand bench trials. I have conducted more than three thousand preliminary hearings and bond hearings. Yet, I still have the energy at forty-five to serve my current clients. There is nothing that will occur in a courtroom that I have not experienced before. When you are looking for an attorney, experience is everything.