Friday, August 5, 2011

Sex offense defense lawyer

People charged with sexual assault or child sex offenses face hostile prosecutors and harsh public opinion.  Most people, even some criminal defense attorneys, are only too willing to believe the worst about those accused of sex offenses.  Our firm knows that not all people accused of sex offenses are in fact guilty of the charges.  We believe that those facing such grave charges deserve the best possible defense and representation. 

            At Lawrence Lewis, P.C. we recognize that a conviction for a sex crime will almost certainly result in prison time, lifetime registration as a sex offender, and a permanently destroyed reputation.  In 2006, sex offender laws were overhauled in Georgia, and four (4) sexual offenses were modified to require a mandatory minimum life in prison, which means thirty years in prison before the convicted person is considered for parole.  These include:


CLICK HERE TO READ THE FULL ARTICLE


If you have been charged with a sex offense and you would like to speak with a qualified criminal defense attorney, call an experienced sex offense defense lawyer or attorney at Lawrence Lewis, P.C. today at (678) 407-9300.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I hung a shingle in February 2000, because I saw that individuals charged with criminal offenses were being underserved by the attorneys practicing criminal law. Since February 2000, I have represented more than two thousand criminal clients. I only practice criminal law, but I do everything from violations of probation to Supreme Court appeals. There are few attorneys under the age of sixty that have my level of experience. I have tried more than two hundred major felony jury trials. I have tried more than fifty misdemeanor jury trials. In Philadelphia as a prosecutor, I tried more than two thousand bench trials. I have conducted more than three thousand preliminary hearings and bond hearings. Yet, I still have the energy at forty-five to serve my current clients. There is nothing that will occur in a courtroom that I have not experienced before. When you are looking for an attorney, experience is everything.