Sunday, August 21, 2011

Criminal Defense Attorney in Fulton County GA

Question: I pawned a tv that was from a rental company that i was paying for it. I didnt know i was gonna lose my job and not be able to get it out to give back to the rental company or pay the rental company(arrons). So now they are threatening to take out a warrant for my arrest. I just needed the money to help pay bills for my pregnant girlfriend.(she has to eat) This is my first offense and i am currently enrolled at a police academy employed by Fulton County Police Department, Ga. (havent got payed yet to pay it). what could be my consequences in court.

Answer: If you have not been arrested, I an assuming you are scheduled to appear in court for a warrant application hearing. At the hearing, Aaron's will present evidence as to why the warrant should be taken. If Aaron's wins, you will be arrested right there on the spot, and will have to post a bond in order to get out of jail. Because you are short on money, you may not be able to post a bond, which means when you are scheduled to appear for training, you will have an unexcused absence, ending your law enforcement career. Once Fulton finds out about the arrest, I suspect that your career will be over. Therefore, the question for you to answer now is: Do I intend to retain an attorney in order to save my career.

Answered By Lawrence Lewis - Criminal Defense Attorney in Fulton County GA

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I hung a shingle in February 2000, because I saw that individuals charged with criminal offenses were being underserved by the attorneys practicing criminal law. Since February 2000, I have represented more than two thousand criminal clients. I only practice criminal law, but I do everything from violations of probation to Supreme Court appeals. There are few attorneys under the age of sixty that have my level of experience. I have tried more than two hundred major felony jury trials. I have tried more than fifty misdemeanor jury trials. In Philadelphia as a prosecutor, I tried more than two thousand bench trials. I have conducted more than three thousand preliminary hearings and bond hearings. Yet, I still have the energy at forty-five to serve my current clients. There is nothing that will occur in a courtroom that I have not experienced before. When you are looking for an attorney, experience is everything.