Monday, May 30, 2011

Drug Offense Attorney in Lawrenceville

Question: My brother caught a drug charge 2 years ago. The court continously rescheduled his court date because he didn't have a lawyer present. The said that they would mail him his next court date and never did. Now he's in jail for failing to appear in court. This is first drug offense. What is he looking at?

Answer: If he is representing himself, he will probably be looking at prison. The fact that you mention it is his first "drug" offense, lets me know it is not his first criminal offense. So, with a prior criminal offense, no real concern about checking with the court for his court date, and no regard for hiring an attorney to represent him, I suspect that your brother will be in a world of hurt when he gets to trial. I already know that he is innocent, which is why he never retained an attorney, because he cannot claim he had no money to hire an attorney, when he has been out walking around on bond for two years. He will have the PD represent him, and he will bust the PDs balls the entire time. I wish him the best of luck. Call me after the conviction.

1 comment:

  1. This is really a nice post
    A criminal defense lawyer is a lawyer specializing in the defense of individuals and companies charged with criminal conduct. Criminal defense lawyers can be permanently employed by the various jurisdictions with criminal courts. Such lawyers are often called public defenders.
    Criminal Defense Lawyer Chicago

    ReplyDelete

About Me

I hung a shingle in February 2000, because I saw that individuals charged with criminal offenses were being underserved by the attorneys practicing criminal law. Since February 2000, I have represented more than two thousand criminal clients. I only practice criminal law, but I do everything from violations of probation to Supreme Court appeals. There are few attorneys under the age of sixty that have my level of experience. I have tried more than two hundred major felony jury trials. I have tried more than fifty misdemeanor jury trials. In Philadelphia as a prosecutor, I tried more than two thousand bench trials. I have conducted more than three thousand preliminary hearings and bond hearings. Yet, I still have the energy at forty-five to serve my current clients. There is nothing that will occur in a courtroom that I have not experienced before. When you are looking for an attorney, experience is everything.