Monday, May 9, 2011

Criminal Defense Lawyer

Question: When charge with less than a oz of marijuana and a judge say pay 685 is that half are whole amouth do i pay a percent of that?

Answer: You are charged with less than an ounce of marijuana. If the judge indicated that your bond was $ 685, then you may be able to pay a percentage if a bondsman went on your bond. If you entered a guilty plea, and the judge said a fine of $ 685, then you must pay the $ 685 plus teh surcharge associated with the fine. So, there will be a total expense of around $ 1000. Let me suggest this: Because your question is so poorly worded, and indicates such muddled thinking, you may want to refrain from using drugs, and get a bit more education.

Answered by Lawrence Lewis -- Criminal Defense Lawyer

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I hung a shingle in February 2000, because I saw that individuals charged with criminal offenses were being underserved by the attorneys practicing criminal law. Since February 2000, I have represented more than two thousand criminal clients. I only practice criminal law, but I do everything from violations of probation to Supreme Court appeals. There are few attorneys under the age of sixty that have my level of experience. I have tried more than two hundred major felony jury trials. I have tried more than fifty misdemeanor jury trials. In Philadelphia as a prosecutor, I tried more than two thousand bench trials. I have conducted more than three thousand preliminary hearings and bond hearings. Yet, I still have the energy at forty-five to serve my current clients. There is nothing that will occur in a courtroom that I have not experienced before. When you are looking for an attorney, experience is everything.