Thursday, January 3, 2013

Violent Crimes Attorney


A violent crime is a criminal offense that is committed with the use of violence, or with threats of violence.  When a person commits a violent crime, the violence is usually just a means to an end.  In recent years, violent crimes have escalated in the state of Georgia, especially amongst the adolescent, male demographic.  In hopes of decreasing instances of violent crimes, law enforcement and legislation has become very strict when dealing with violent crime offenders.  People who are convicted of committing a violent crime should expect to spend substantial time in prison, in addition to paying fines, paying restitution and performing community service.  For these reasons, it is very important to consult a violent crimes lawyer when facing criminal charges involving violence.   

The violent crimes defense attorneys and lawyers at Lawrence Lewis, P.C. are dedicated to defending clients who have been arrested for or charged with any type of violent crime in or around the metro-Atlanta area.  According to the law, numerous illegal acts are categorized as violent crimes in the state of Georgia: 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I hung a shingle in February 2000, because I saw that individuals charged with criminal offenses were being underserved by the attorneys practicing criminal law. Since February 2000, I have represented more than two thousand criminal clients. I only practice criminal law, but I do everything from violations of probation to Supreme Court appeals. There are few attorneys under the age of sixty that have my level of experience. I have tried more than two hundred major felony jury trials. I have tried more than fifty misdemeanor jury trials. In Philadelphia as a prosecutor, I tried more than two thousand bench trials. I have conducted more than three thousand preliminary hearings and bond hearings. Yet, I still have the energy at forty-five to serve my current clients. There is nothing that will occur in a courtroom that I have not experienced before. When you are looking for an attorney, experience is everything.