Thursday, July 19, 2012

Drug Defense Attorney Lawrenceville

Question: I was pulled over after leaving a friends house.. I asked the reason for being stopped and the officer said my car matched the description of one used in a armed robbery earlier that day. He said there was a mask used in the robbery and asked if he could search the vehicle and I agreed.. During the search a cigarette pack with 2 grs of marijuana and a bag containing methamphetamine residue was found stuffed underneath the passenger seat towards the rear row of seats. It was not mine nor do I know who's it was or how it got there. I have a family to support and care for so when placed in handcuffs I became extremely desperate, and agreed to assist with the arrest of 3 others in order to be released. I did NOT admit anything discovered belonged to me nor did I sign a report saying what was discovered belonged to me. I don't use drugs nor do I know where or who to purchase them from. He informed me that if I didn't keep my word, there would be a warrant issued and I would be charged. Is there anything I can do to fight this considering I was told I was being searched in regards to an armed robbery and not because I was pulling out of a rough neighborhood known for distribution of drugs? Please help anyway possible.. I can't put my family in jeaporady of being hard in anyway by becoming an informant for the police

Answer: What type of help are you looking for? You were found in a vehicle, where drugs were located. Rather than just deal with that charge, you created more drama, by lying to the police about what you were willing to do. You should expect to be charged with possession of drugs, and face jail time. While you are out, I suggest that you stack your money for your attorney.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I hung a shingle in February 2000, because I saw that individuals charged with criminal offenses were being underserved by the attorneys practicing criminal law. Since February 2000, I have represented more than two thousand criminal clients. I only practice criminal law, but I do everything from violations of probation to Supreme Court appeals. There are few attorneys under the age of sixty that have my level of experience. I have tried more than two hundred major felony jury trials. I have tried more than fifty misdemeanor jury trials. In Philadelphia as a prosecutor, I tried more than two thousand bench trials. I have conducted more than three thousand preliminary hearings and bond hearings. Yet, I still have the energy at forty-five to serve my current clients. There is nothing that will occur in a courtroom that I have not experienced before. When you are looking for an attorney, experience is everything.