Thursday, June 7, 2012

Mental Health Problems

There are a myriad of mental health problems that unfortunately often lead to arrests for criminal offenses.  However, many of these problems do not have to result in lengthy periods of incarceration, as long as the accused can be properly diagnosed and medicated.  Here are the major mental health problems I have seen firsthand when assisting clients in resolving criminal arrests: 

DEPRESSION 
Depression is typically characterized by a depressed mood or irritable mood, and: 
  1. Markedly diminished interest in things normally found pleasurable 
  2. Insomnia/hypersomnia
  3. Fatigue/loss of energy 
  4. Weight loss or weight gain (or nearly daily serious change in appetite) 
  5. Observable psychomotor agitation or retardation 
  6. Excessive guilt or feelings of worthlessness 
  7. Significantly diminished ability to concentrate, and/or 
  8. Recurrent thoughts of death or suicidal thoughts/ideation 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing such type of information.there are very help full information for every one.keep sharing this type of information.Serious Fraud Solicitors

    ReplyDelete

About Me

I hung a shingle in February 2000, because I saw that individuals charged with criminal offenses were being underserved by the attorneys practicing criminal law. Since February 2000, I have represented more than two thousand criminal clients. I only practice criminal law, but I do everything from violations of probation to Supreme Court appeals. There are few attorneys under the age of sixty that have my level of experience. I have tried more than two hundred major felony jury trials. I have tried more than fifty misdemeanor jury trials. In Philadelphia as a prosecutor, I tried more than two thousand bench trials. I have conducted more than three thousand preliminary hearings and bond hearings. Yet, I still have the energy at forty-five to serve my current clients. There is nothing that will occur in a courtroom that I have not experienced before. When you are looking for an attorney, experience is everything.