Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Theft Defense Attorneys Lawrenceville

Question: I was charged in 2000 with first time offender and had to do 5 years probation. I had no legal issue during or since that time and upon completion of probabtion the paper work states"defendant shall stand discharged of offense without court adjudication of guilt and shall be exonerated" I am seeking employment with an ins. company/finance com. and will be required to go through a background check. In addition, I will have to have a ins. license through the State of Ga to sell ins. etc. Will this past error show up and will there be a problem getting licensed with my past charge? Thank you

Answer: First of all, you were not charged with first time offender, you were charged with a crime and sentenced as a first offender. Yes, it will show up on a background search. whether it is a problem is dependent upon the person reading the information, and considering you for employment. A theft offense and working for a bank do not mix. An aggravated assault and daycare do not mix. Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I hung a shingle in February 2000, because I saw that individuals charged with criminal offenses were being underserved by the attorneys practicing criminal law. Since February 2000, I have represented more than two thousand criminal clients. I only practice criminal law, but I do everything from violations of probation to Supreme Court appeals. There are few attorneys under the age of sixty that have my level of experience. I have tried more than two hundred major felony jury trials. I have tried more than fifty misdemeanor jury trials. In Philadelphia as a prosecutor, I tried more than two thousand bench trials. I have conducted more than three thousand preliminary hearings and bond hearings. Yet, I still have the energy at forty-five to serve my current clients. There is nothing that will occur in a courtroom that I have not experienced before. When you are looking for an attorney, experience is everything.