Sunday, April 22, 2012

Criminal Defense Lawyer Atlanta

Question: My son is being charged with terroristic threats by his school but it has been over a month and we havent heard of a court date or anything... how long do they have to get him infront of a judge? And can he be charged with this crime just from pictures of weapons on his phone?

Answer: I don't know where the charges stand. Was he detained as a juvenile (under 17 years old) and released to his parents pending trial, or was he arrested as an adult, and is waiting to go back to court? Has a warrant been taken yet? In regards to the photo, the photo by itself is typically not terroristic threats.

Answered By Lawrence Lewis - Criminal Defense Lawyer Atlanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I hung a shingle in February 2000, because I saw that individuals charged with criminal offenses were being underserved by the attorneys practicing criminal law. Since February 2000, I have represented more than two thousand criminal clients. I only practice criminal law, but I do everything from violations of probation to Supreme Court appeals. There are few attorneys under the age of sixty that have my level of experience. I have tried more than two hundred major felony jury trials. I have tried more than fifty misdemeanor jury trials. In Philadelphia as a prosecutor, I tried more than two thousand bench trials. I have conducted more than three thousand preliminary hearings and bond hearings. Yet, I still have the energy at forty-five to serve my current clients. There is nothing that will occur in a courtroom that I have not experienced before. When you are looking for an attorney, experience is everything.