Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Thieves Defense Attorneys Lawrenceville

Question:  I recently purchased well pump material needed for a repair at a local store.along with me were two other guys and one of them just so happen to have an charge account set up with this store and he also conducts volume buisness at the location.when i purchased the materials needed for the repair i paid cash for the materials and on the first trip me not acknowledging at the time the cashier did not apply the well pump to the bill owed to be paid for the transaction.shortly after orignal purchase we made a second trip for final material needed to complete the job.i recently received a phone call from the guy thats more well known at this store and he explained that he received a phone call from this store stateing that they have been conducting an audit and some how a well pump was not accounted for.then he also claimed they posessed camera footage of or purchase when we purchased our materials and it showed our purchase of the well pump in the buggy at the counter.so therefore now they seeking a ammount for the well pump where the cashier supposively did not scan during our purchase.so my question is how is it my fault if the cashier failed to scan all the material that was clearly at the cash register during purchase.and can seek legal action for this incident and possibly criminal charges towards me for this item being over looked by there employee.or is it just in my best intrest to pay for slae of this item that was over looked

Answer: At first blush what you suggest would be bad business if that is all there was. I suspect that the employee is thought to be acting in concert with others to cheat the employer, in which case the business only cares that they catch all of the thieves. if you and your friend have no side deal with the clerk, I wouldn't pay anything, but I would have money set aside for the attorney and bail. If you pay for the pump the problem may be solved, or may be exacerbated.

Answered by Lawrence Lewis - Thieves Defense Attorneys Lawrenceville

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I hung a shingle in February 2000, because I saw that individuals charged with criminal offenses were being underserved by the attorneys practicing criminal law. Since February 2000, I have represented more than two thousand criminal clients. I only practice criminal law, but I do everything from violations of probation to Supreme Court appeals. There are few attorneys under the age of sixty that have my level of experience. I have tried more than two hundred major felony jury trials. I have tried more than fifty misdemeanor jury trials. In Philadelphia as a prosecutor, I tried more than two thousand bench trials. I have conducted more than three thousand preliminary hearings and bond hearings. Yet, I still have the energy at forty-five to serve my current clients. There is nothing that will occur in a courtroom that I have not experienced before. When you are looking for an attorney, experience is everything.