Wednesday, January 11, 2012

DUI Attorneys Lawrenceville

Question:  If you are currently in jail awaiting your court date for driving without a license what will be the penalty in Cobb County (Georgia). The person has currently been in jail since December 14th and the court date is Jan. 17th. Should the person have a lawyer since this is a first time offense without a license (he does have prior misdemeanors)? Will the person be granted time served at this point?

Answer: No one can know the answer to the question, because there are facts that are missing. No one is held for more than 30 days on a first offense of driving without a license. Either he lost his license with a DUI, or possibly two, in which case the driving without a license for a prior DUI will infuriate the judge. Or he has a violation of probation hold. Why has he not made bond? The courts must set a bond on the misdemeanor driving without a license. So, yes I think he needs an attorney, because there are other more important factors which you either do not know or have not included.

Answered By Lawrence Lewis - DUI Attorneys Lawrenceville

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I hung a shingle in February 2000, because I saw that individuals charged with criminal offenses were being underserved by the attorneys practicing criminal law. Since February 2000, I have represented more than two thousand criminal clients. I only practice criminal law, but I do everything from violations of probation to Supreme Court appeals. There are few attorneys under the age of sixty that have my level of experience. I have tried more than two hundred major felony jury trials. I have tried more than fifty misdemeanor jury trials. In Philadelphia as a prosecutor, I tried more than two thousand bench trials. I have conducted more than three thousand preliminary hearings and bond hearings. Yet, I still have the energy at forty-five to serve my current clients. There is nothing that will occur in a courtroom that I have not experienced before. When you are looking for an attorney, experience is everything.