Saturday, November 24, 2012

Family Attorney in Lawrenceville

Question: I have been charged with reckless conduct after my four yr old granddaughter wondered off. I thought she was at the neighbors playing so I did not check on her. while there she wondered off and into a highway. It was not unusual for her to be at the neighbors for 2 or 3 hrs playing inside. Child services took my children that Friday and they were returned that Monday. I did not know I was being charged with anything until i was at the jail house and I asked the officer if I was being arrested and what for. He was Hispanic and got upset because I could not give him the neighbors name, just that they were Mexican. I knew the neighbors name but could not recall it at the time.My mind was reeling from the fact that my child was in the street. I would like to know my rights. I have asked for a bench trial and they say I make to much for a court appointed attorney. I live from check to check with no extra what so ever.

Answer:  So, IF I understand you correctly, you will be representing yourself pro se at a bench trial. I suspect that will not go well. See website for tips on how to represent yourself: click here

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I hung a shingle in February 2000, because I saw that individuals charged with criminal offenses were being underserved by the attorneys practicing criminal law. Since February 2000, I have represented more than two thousand criminal clients. I only practice criminal law, but I do everything from violations of probation to Supreme Court appeals. There are few attorneys under the age of sixty that have my level of experience. I have tried more than two hundred major felony jury trials. I have tried more than fifty misdemeanor jury trials. In Philadelphia as a prosecutor, I tried more than two thousand bench trials. I have conducted more than three thousand preliminary hearings and bond hearings. Yet, I still have the energy at forty-five to serve my current clients. There is nothing that will occur in a courtroom that I have not experienced before. When you are looking for an attorney, experience is everything.