Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Drug Defense Lawyer Lawrenceville

Question: 1) Is there any case law that draws a distinction between a conspiracy to possess with intent to distribute drugs and a conspiracy to distribute drugs?

2) Is the objective of a conspiracy important to prove beyond a reasonable doubt whether there has been an agreement or not?

Answer: It is not an academic question or a question to be solved by way of case law. IT IS A QUESTION FOR THE JURY TO ANSWER. There is no distinction between distribution and possession with intent o distribute when it comes to conspiracy, because there must be at least two individuals, at least one had to have possession of drugs. As for agreements, the prosecutor does not have to establish a written contract or handshake or joint bank account. If one person is a drug dealer, and the other drives the first person everywhere and receives payment, the jury can easily find there is a conspiracy as it relates to drugs.  

Answered by Lawrence Lewis - Drug Defense Lawyer Lawrenceville

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I hung a shingle in February 2000, because I saw that individuals charged with criminal offenses were being underserved by the attorneys practicing criminal law. Since February 2000, I have represented more than two thousand criminal clients. I only practice criminal law, but I do everything from violations of probation to Supreme Court appeals. There are few attorneys under the age of sixty that have my level of experience. I have tried more than two hundred major felony jury trials. I have tried more than fifty misdemeanor jury trials. In Philadelphia as a prosecutor, I tried more than two thousand bench trials. I have conducted more than three thousand preliminary hearings and bond hearings. Yet, I still have the energy at forty-five to serve my current clients. There is nothing that will occur in a courtroom that I have not experienced before. When you are looking for an attorney, experience is everything.