Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Criminal Defense Attorney Cumming

Question: I have a friend currently incarceration that is waiting to be moved to work release in a county jail to begin his sentence. He was arrested on July 3, on July 15 he tested positive for THC and his had his court date for a probation violation was on July 16. The dirty urine never was brought up on that date. The judge revoked his probation and sentenced him to work release for the remaining 8 months of probation. Now he is being told that he is being held and waiting for his probation officer to release him but does not think he will due to the dirty urine. The probation officer never received the report for the dirty urine until July 30. I need some guidance, is it possible for his release to the work release program be held up due to this?

Answer: Your friend has a lot of things going on at one time. The probation officer will do what he/she thinks is best to help your friend rehabilitate himself. Can it be held up? Yes. Why hasn't your friend already been transferred? Only an attorney investigating the problem, will be able to answer that question.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I hung a shingle in February 2000, because I saw that individuals charged with criminal offenses were being underserved by the attorneys practicing criminal law. Since February 2000, I have represented more than two thousand criminal clients. I only practice criminal law, but I do everything from violations of probation to Supreme Court appeals. There are few attorneys under the age of sixty that have my level of experience. I have tried more than two hundred major felony jury trials. I have tried more than fifty misdemeanor jury trials. In Philadelphia as a prosecutor, I tried more than two thousand bench trials. I have conducted more than three thousand preliminary hearings and bond hearings. Yet, I still have the energy at forty-five to serve my current clients. There is nothing that will occur in a courtroom that I have not experienced before. When you are looking for an attorney, experience is everything.