Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Someone was arrested under my name and skiped bail...

Question: Someone was arrested under my name and skiped bail and now i have a warrant under my name and i can prove it wasnt me and i went to sherriff dept. but they say they wont take off the warrant unless the person turns themselves in,but now i caint get jobs because of it and its ruining my life can i sue the county?

Answer: Let me get this right, you yourself went to the sheriff's dept. and inquried about an open warrant. The sheriff verified that there is an open warrant for your arrest, and let you wak out of the jail without arresting you. Naw, that didn't happen. Try again. They told you they will not take off the warrant, and let you walk out of the jail. Naw, that didn't happen. In regards to your job search, you will probably end up losing the job you get once you are stopped for a traffic violation and the warrant pops up, because you are going to be arrested. Can you sue the county? Sure you can. You need to find an attorney, pay him and then file a lawsuit. Of course if I had money for an attorney, I would pay him to resolve the warrant, and the fact that someone is using my identity. However, you should proceed in the manner you think is best.

1 comment:

  1. With any defense, you do need help; it is not something that can be treating carelessly. Choosing your Criminal Defense attorney based on their specific area of law could be the way to go.

    Bond Hearings Lawyer Palm Beach

    ReplyDelete

About Me

I hung a shingle in February 2000, because I saw that individuals charged with criminal offenses were being underserved by the attorneys practicing criminal law. Since February 2000, I have represented more than two thousand criminal clients. I only practice criminal law, but I do everything from violations of probation to Supreme Court appeals. There are few attorneys under the age of sixty that have my level of experience. I have tried more than two hundred major felony jury trials. I have tried more than fifty misdemeanor jury trials. In Philadelphia as a prosecutor, I tried more than two thousand bench trials. I have conducted more than three thousand preliminary hearings and bond hearings. Yet, I still have the energy at forty-five to serve my current clients. There is nothing that will occur in a courtroom that I have not experienced before. When you are looking for an attorney, experience is everything.