Thursday, September 8, 2011

Criminal Defense Attorney in Duluth

Question: I was arrested at my home in Murray Co Ga for giving false report to police. A detective from Whitfield Co came to my house without assist from Murray Co. Is that legal? I thought when they were out of jurisdiction they had to have assist from the county they were going to make the arrest.

Answer: I don't understand the factual scenario. You were arrested in Murray Co. for giving a false report to whom, and when? A Whitfield Co. detective arrested you for giving a false report to a Whitfield Co. law enforcement officer? Is that right? Your question is can a Whitfield Co. officer arrest you for giving a Whitfield Co. police officer/detective a false report if you live in a county other than Whitfield. Of course, they can. Everyone knows the answer to that. As long as law enforcement have a valid warrant, they are not prohibited from leaving the county to execute that warrant.

Answered By Lawrence Lewis - Criminal Defense Attorney in Duluth

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I hung a shingle in February 2000, because I saw that individuals charged with criminal offenses were being underserved by the attorneys practicing criminal law. Since February 2000, I have represented more than two thousand criminal clients. I only practice criminal law, but I do everything from violations of probation to Supreme Court appeals. There are few attorneys under the age of sixty that have my level of experience. I have tried more than two hundred major felony jury trials. I have tried more than fifty misdemeanor jury trials. In Philadelphia as a prosecutor, I tried more than two thousand bench trials. I have conducted more than three thousand preliminary hearings and bond hearings. Yet, I still have the energy at forty-five to serve my current clients. There is nothing that will occur in a courtroom that I have not experienced before. When you are looking for an attorney, experience is everything.